My first day at John Carroll was excellent. The day was filled with many new experiences and adventures. My first class was Honor Human Geography with Mr. Schick. Mr. Schick scolded a student for arriving late in a humorous way. He then went on to tell us about the class syllabus and his expectations for us. Next I had Honors Spanish with Mrs. Michael. I felt a little lost when all she did was speak Spanish. My next destination was advisory. This was the easiest ten minutes of the day. My advisor, Mrs Markel handed out cookies and talked to us a little bit. The next class on my schedule was Honors English with Mrs. Zurkowski. We handed our summer reading work and did an activity to get to know the students in our class better. Next I was headed to my first STEM Meeting of the year instead of the cafeteria like everyone else. Mr. Monaghan seemed like a very fun person to do STEM with. He has lots of experience in the field. Next up, my first math class, Honors Algebra 2 with Ms. Pleiss. I felt as if it was rather simple as it was just a review from what we should have learned last year. After that I had my first off mod. I am not used to having this much freedom as in middle school we were always told where to go. The last class for the day was Intro to Bible with Mr. Kimble. Mr. Kimble cast a very good impression as he rides to work to conserve energy and the environment. We learned about who and what kind of a person John Carroll was. I found this part fascinating. I learned that John Carroll was a Jesuit who lived in Europe after ordained a priest. Then we were dismissed from our first day of school at John Carroll.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Romans vs. Carthaginians

Chi Cago's Guide to Ancient Rome

Ancient Rome Test