Alexander the Great

Today we begin our new unit on Alexander the Great. The Ancient Greece project was a wrap up for the Ancient Greece chapter, now it's onto Alexander the Great and Macedonia. We were assigned to read pages one-hundred forty two through one-hundred forty five. These pages are the beginning of chapter four in the textbook. They focused on King Phillip II first as chronologically his rule is before Alexander the Great's rule. In sixth grade I did a project on Alexander the Great in our social studies class. The project required you to choose a topic that occurred before the birth of Christa and I chose Alexander the Great. I learned a great deal about him that I still remember and I even had to make a trifold poster display for this project. In today's notes I found out that King Phillip II utilized the phalanx. He created a sixteen man by sixteen man phalanx and armed them with eighteen foot pikes. The soldiers were just regular, rugged peasants that Phillip had trained into a professional army. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Romans vs. Carthaginians

Chi Cago's Guide to Ancient Rome

Ancient Rome Test